Contributing to 2009 PSMA Power Technology Roadmap
The 2009 PSMA (Power Sources Manufacturers Association) Power Technology Roadmap Workshop was held in Washington, D.C. at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, September 12, 2008. The purpose of the workshop was to organize and compile the trend tables from the information collected and presented prior to the workshop.
CPES was invited to contribute to this effort. We thank PSMA for the opportunity to participate and for allowing us to share the workshop presentations online with our Principal and Associate members via password access.
In the workshop, invited speakers presented their perspectives on the topics critical to the roadmap, with each presenter focusing on the key trends in their area of expertise and explaining how their technology would influence the power conversion industry over the next 5 years. The invited presentations covered:
- Magnetic Materials And Inductive Components (RAF Tabtronics)
- Semiconductors IC Trends 2008-2013 (ON Semiconductor)
- Power Semiconductor Trends 2008-2013 (Fairchild Semiconductor)
- Evolution of Power Supply in a Package to Power Supply on a Chip (PSIP2PSOC) (PSMA Packaging Committee)
- Digital Control Technology and Its Challenges (Zilker Labs)
- University Research and Challenges (CPES)
- Communication Network Infrastructure Trends: Implications for Telecom Power (Skyline Marketing Group)
- Power Component Markets - Trends & Analysis (IMS Research)
- Energy Efficiency Standards (PSMA Energy Efficiency Committee)
- Computing and Processor Requirements and Trends (Intel)
- Energy Efficiency Roadmap for Computing Industry (IBM)
(Return to CPES News Archive)